Guest Pet Policy
For our guests who choose to visit with their pets, kindly observe the following guidelines:
- Pets must be leashed and under their owner’s control at all times in outdoor public areas on property.
- Pets are not permitted in pool areas, at golf practice facilities, on golf courses or indoor public areas at any time.
- For health and safety purposes, pets may not sit at or on top of tables while visiting the outdoor areas of Resort restaurants.
- Pet owners are responsible for promptly picking up after their pets and bringing the appropriate materials to do so.
- Should any pet display dangerous, aggressive or unacceptable behavior (including but not limited to biting, excessive barking and/or evidence of disease), Pelican Hill reserves the right for their immediate removal.
- Pelican Hill welcomes up to two (2) well-mannered, house-trained, disease-free dogs per Bungalow or Villa. Other pets, including but not limited to cats, birds and reptiles, may not stay at or visit the resort.
- In advance of arrival, guests must disclose their intent to occupy a Villa or Bungalow with a pet.
- Upon booking, a Pet Agreement must be signed and a non-refundable fee will be assessed to cover the costs of deep-cleaning following a pet’s visit.
- Please reference the Pet Agreement for complete policies relating to housekeeping services, noise complaints, damages to accommodations and more.
- While Emotional Support Animals or Comfort Animals are often used as part of a medical treatment plan as therapy animals, they are not considered service animals under the ADA and remain subject to the pet agreement and non-refundable fee.
Restaurant Pet Policy
In accordance with California state law, guests are permitted to bring pet dogs (non-service animals) to restaurants where a separate outdoor entrance is present where pet dogs enter without going through the food establishment to reach the outdoor dining area. Service animals are welcome in all outlets.
Pets are allowed at Coliseum Pool & Grill upper patio, cabanas and terrace, Pelican Grill terrace, Andrea Bar terrace, Villa Clubhouse terrace and Caffe & Market terrace. Pets are not permitted at the Coliseum Pool Deck or Adult Pool.
Per California Health and Safety Code:
- Pets must be on a leash no longer than 8 feet and under their owner’s control at all times.
- Pets are not allowed on any seat, chair, table or guest lap.
- Pets may not be provided food, but water is available upon request.
- Should any pet display dangerous, aggressive or unacceptable behavior (including but not limited to) biting, excessive barking, evidence of disease, urination or defecation in public areas, The Resort at Pelican Hill reserves the right for their immediate removal.